Friday, April 6, 2012

Do you have this book?

Madison County Historian Matt Urtz recently contacted me asking if by some chance we still had a copy “Madison County’s Welcome Home for Her Sons and Daughters Who Served in the World War, from from 1917-1919,” knocking around the office somewhere.
He said The Dispatch published this commemorative book in 1919.
This was the first I'd heard of the book; I guess I was absent from work that day.
If you're anything like me, you're probably doing a Google search for the book at this very minute. You'll find people have had the presence of mind to post it online, so it is available for genealogical research; history is preserved.
But Urtz would like to get a copy for the county archives.Please check  your bookshelves and old dusty boxes.This would be a great way to give back to your community.
Please contact me if you can help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home