Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Will the Mayan calendar end or roll over?

Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I’ve got a feeling 2012 will be a good year.
Certainly 2011 won’t be hard to beat. As you may remember, last year I had prostate cancer and a stroke. And my alma mater, Penn State University, had some despicable, disheartening revelations emerge.
OK, I know what you’re thinking. I also saw the movie, “2012.”  Any so-called problems I had in 2011 paled in comparison to what went on in that epic disaster film.
But not to worry; my son, George, assures me that the business about the Mayan calendar running out this year is just a bunch of hooey. He says it will just roll over and start over again.
Optimist that I am, I choose to believe him, purely on faith. It would certainly make sense if the Mayan calendar were round like the famous Aztec Calendar Stone -- of course it would roll over.
Also, I know George hasn’t spoken to any Mayans, so his assertion is purely conjecture.
So if the world comes to an end, we’ll both be embarrassed.
Knock on wood, the first few days of 2012 have been great. Here’s hoping 2012 is good for all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home